Saturday 16 June 2012

On the Backburner

Seeing as I've introducted some of the new people on the block you to, I thought Id show you some more work in progress, so lets see a little idea take shape......  

Even though there are only 3 sketches shown here there will be elements of each that have popped up in other places while I work out what to keep and what to discard, and as the personality of the idea/person emerges. Sometimes a spontaneous idea and the first drawing will be spot on and wont need revisiting, sometimes things also have work themselves out, so whilst here in 3 images it appears that Im practically finished, often it will take a while to arrive at this point.



 A little look at how things change and develop over time, when I've got an idea or an expression marinating in the back of my mind, and over time it begins to take shape as you keep revisiting it. I'm envisioning this one as a print, I just love how the texture and colour are turning out, and the generally happy feeling it's all about. We all need hugs after all!

                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment