Friday 15 June 2012

Studio Goings On

So, I thought I'd show you a sneak peek of what I've been getting up to in the studio this week, although to be honest with you I've rather been on 'holiday mode', what with the beginning of summer, and a few visits from family members, but now it's back to work as usual (and back to rubbish British weather as usual too!)

I'm keen to keep releasing new product designs steadily so I've been busy doing a lot of sampling, drafts and experimenting and creating new characters. I hadn't used paints for years, and am usually always clinging on to my Letraset markers and fine line pens, but since receiving a gouache set for Christmas I've been seeing my characters really change and come to life with colour and texture. It's because of this I think that the rest of the range will be a little different from the first 4 designs, but we'll see how they come together....



 A lot of these sketches are actually about mixing paint and pen, layering lines and colour, and working on background 'things' so that there isn't much actual content - Im not trying to set a scene as it were - but so that the people aren't just necessarily floating in a white abyss


There's lots more half-finished people strewn about the studio but these are some my favorite and the ones Im persuing. Im not sure exactly why Im always doing characters who are saying 'hello' and 'i miss you' ! Probably because I need that kind of saying for myself a lot as half of my family and loved ones live far away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment