Monday 18 June 2012

Studio Sneak Peek

Now I dont know about you but I'm a huge fan of Design Sponge, and my best bits are the sneak peeks - especially the ones of other artists's studios! I love being able to be nosey and see the amazing spaces, but really I love to see how other people have managed to bring order to chaos in their own way. How they deal with the same problems always inspires me. If you dont know what I'm on about visit http://www.designsponge.com/ - you're in for a treat!

But dont get your hopes up, I've got a long way to go before my placement shots look anything like the ones you see on Design Sponge, but I thought it'd be fun to 'invite' you in to my studio......




The studio also doubles up as the guest bedroom, which actually works suprisingly well - if I want to relax abit while I'm working late, or do some research the daybed is the place to do it! Otherwise I'm perched on a rickety antique stool hunched over my work (I know, I shouldnt) getting distracted by what's going on outside my window. The view is rather lovely you see, and that's always a bonus when a visitor from out of town comes to stay - they get to wake up to the Five Valleys and get the full effect of the country side! Even though I'm a total city girl its pretty perfect around here, and having a happy space has definitely helped me to enjoy cracking on with my work again...





As we've not been in our house too long you can see I'm lacking some serious storage, and I've had to be quite ruthless as to what I get to keep in the studio. I'm also planning a pin board wall so that I can always see where I've been and where I'm going, which helps me not to forget!

2 comments:

  1. Heyyyyyy! Just found you Sarika...fantastic. Love these pics, and am feeling slightly ashamed of my space now....I need to pluck up courage to photograph it. I love the lightness and whiteness and splashes of colour in yours, fab! In my art shed I have an entire wall covered with pin board material (you can get it in Travis Perkins in Stroud) which is painted but could also be covered in fabric. Just a thought for you there!
    See you soon painty sister....
    love Jaine Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaine! My first comment! xxx
      Thank you for the pin board tip, i'll be checking that out on a Sunday coming soon! Tarted-up cork is also far more appealing than looking at a brown wall too!
      xxxxx

      Delete