Tuesday 25 March 2014

Homage: Wanderlust Life Jewellery

Recently, while shouting about the brilliant jewellery designs of Wolf & Moon, I mentioned how difficult I find sourcing jewellery which I really like but which also fits in to my budget.
I like things with weight, with clout, with sustenance - and by this I don't mean FSC materials (although having a sustainable company is of course a great potential side effect of any business) - no, I mean in terms of its sound design, and subsequent timelessness. Vintage works because it is often classic and timeless. Finding modern pieces which I can equally afford but will also stand the test of time was - for me - a tricky affair. But check out handcrafted jewellery design label Wanderlust Life. Created by colleague and friend Georgie Roberts, I saw her pieces before I ever met the lady herself, and was instantly in love.
Faceted semi-precious stones in amazing colours are strung on a natural tone thread, so that they just 'float' on the skin.
This is a well executed, understated and super chic concept. Wear one or wear three - I find it hard to imagine getting these pieces wrong. The idea that they are so small and delicate also makes me think of a nomad travelling light.... Take a look:





Georgie lives on the coast of North Devon in Britain but is a wanderer at heart, often fleeing seaside life during the winter months in search of far flung destinations. It was whilst on these travels that the idea of Wanderlust Life was born. Her pieces play on the romance of travel and the magic of carrying a little jewel from a far away place. Every stone or charm is unique, with its own meanings and properties inscribed on the packaging. 

Wanderlust Life was established only a year ago, not that you would ever know if from the way in which this small business has blossomed and developed over this short period. Georgie's next big move is to begin sourcing other products by like-minded designers by travelling the globe, and continuing to reaffirm her wander lust. She is also about to launch her website next month - Im really excited to see it all up and running!

At the moment you can purchase her pieces on her Etsy page here, and let her keep wetting your appetite for new designs on the facebook fanpage in the meantime. Like her page and keep up to date with new releases and the website launch. Happy choosing!



So pretty, so feminine and so simple. Even an absolute fuss pot like me can wear this and feel content!

The first of many new out-sourced items from Georgie's travels around the world - coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment