Friday 24 August 2012

On My Table This Week..

 This week, amongst other things, I am trying to get in to the rhythm of sharing my ideas regularly here, which apart from anything else really makes me consider my time management (or mis-management as the case may be!)- I have to ask myself what have I done? and do I like it? which is really important. Life after art school means no deadlines or presentations set for you, and so time becomes a little endless and less urgent, so doing things like this to enforce structure is really helpful. I also started clocking in my time spent in my studio and it actually showed that I do work quite a lot, which is funny because I usually spend a lot of time feeling guilty for not working enough, so that's good too.

Anyway, lets get down to business. I spend a lot of time doing quick spontaneous drawings which I then spend ages trying to make more neat and formal and perfect, when a lot of the time I always prefer the first one I did in a moment. Here are a few things I've got on my table this week, which I am going to be turning in to the next lots of greetings cards. I've got a few more up my sleeve for sure, but I have been thinking a lot about comic books, street art, tattoo art, and not losing the essence of my drawings by perfecting them too much ...



1/ Hands and hellos. I don't really need to print any more hello cards but it's something I always want to say to people I miss, and something I always draw...
2/ Paint and pen, washes and dry brushes
3/ Pencil and pale washes of paint
4 / Paint, pencil, pen, layering, tester

No comments:

Post a Comment